Health and Safety is embedded in the culture of Emrill. Emrill strictly follows a proactive safety-first ethos that will not jeopardise the safety of employees or the communities in which we operate .
Emrill’s HSSEQ sets out Emrill’s commitment to maintaining dynamic and robust business controls applied across all our activities to ensure that we deliver everything we do in a safe, sustainable manner as well as manage business risks while continuing to meet regulatory requirements and our customer’s expectations. HSSEQ is regularly reviewed and developed to meet evolving business, legislative, health, safety, environmental and quality requirements.
We have a mature Health and Safety management system in place with leaders who are committed to engage and empower employees to work in collaboration with each other to deliver our services safely. Organization-wide policies are implemented and consistently promoted to empower and engage employees in the improvement of Health & Safety at all levels. We are committed to achieving safety excellence through:
- Preparing and implementing programmes and systems to develop the Integrated Management System to ensure that it is continually improved and remains effective
- Promote the use of a process approach and risk-based thinking
- Identification, evaluation and control of all Health, Safety, Environment, Quality & Facility management risks and opportunities
- Establishing and setting Health, Safety, Environment, Quality & Facility management objectives and targets and closely monitoring their performance and the continual improvement
- The prevention of occupational injury and illness by managing risk in the workplace and promoting a positive and inclusive safe working culture
- Ensuring all our people, including subcontractors, are adequately trained in the Health, Safety, Environment, Quality issues that affect them
- Engaging with our people on all matters to improve and embed learning across the business
- Providing sufficient resources to enable this policy to function effectively and to ensure that this policy is regularly reviewed and communicated to all employees, our supply chain, and stakeholders
- Ensure company compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental regulations, standards and other requirements associated with the industry sectors in which we operate
- Conducting regular internal audits and management reviews
- Seeking feedback on performance from stakeholders, our supply chain, and employees
- Implementing mechanisms which encourage the identification of best practice and drive innovation
- Generating a commitment amongst all employees and our supply chain to provide the service delivery and workmanship required by our customers
- Ensuring arrangements for prompt identification and isolation of infectious diseases, potential positive cases and taking significant steps for protection of the workforce, customers, visitors, and public in the workplace.
- Ensuring and protecting the workforce by arranging effective methods for mitigation, prevention of the further spread of infectious diseases during Pandemic or Epidemic situations.
Emrill has maintained an impeccable safety record while working on a diverse range of multi-disciplinary contracts, all with their own challenges and in doing so, as successfully achieved over 42 million man hours without a Lost Time Incident (LTI).
Emrill’s Sustainability Leadership Plan ensures that sustainable practices are applied to all areas of the business making it part of the everyday norm. Several positive results have been achieved including reduced carbon emissions and waste generation as well as encouraged responsible disposal of source materials to protect the environment. The effective contribution to the communities we work in has resulted in improved prospects of our people and increased demand for sustainable solutions.
Emrill strives to work with clients and suppliers to lead the way in reducing waste, managing use of water, raw materials and protecting biodiversity wherever we operate. Our services help clients work towards carbon neutrality and sustainability, so together we become the lowest carbon producers in our respective sectors and reduce our overall environmental footprint.
- Organic Vegetable Garden
- Sustainability Park
- Community Water Leakage Reduction
Corporate Social Responsibility
Emrill is committed to achieving our vision of “Shaping environments to make great places to live, work and visit” and that requires us to adopt high stands of corporate governance and responsibility in line with our values. Social and environmental issues are now at the forefront of people’s minds and drive all our reputations.
Certified to ISO 14001 an internationally recognised environmental management system (EMS) standard, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Environmental and Sustainability issues are core elements of Emrill’s business strategy.
We see it as important to provide a clear commitment to addressing environmental issues and to embed the concept of continuous improvement in environmental performance, to deliver benefits to clients, our own people, shareholders and the wider community.
Emrill’s various CSR initiatives and employment opportunities, coupled with our understanding of the needs of our communities ensure a significant and positive contribution wherever we work.