Dear Valued Partner,
Organisations and individuals around the world are facing a truly unprecedented situation. The global COVID-19 pandemic is affecting all of our families, our businesses, our communities and our way of life. During this time, I wanted to reach out to you personally to provide an update on how we are navigating these challenging times at Emrill.
First and foremost, we would like to express our gratitude to all those people working on the frontlines of battling COVID-19 and commend the actions of the UAE Government and local authorities in preventing the virus spreading. Our thoughts are with all those who have been affected, and we extend our heartfelt wishes for a full recovery to those currently suffering from COVID-19.
During these challenging times, Emrill remains fully committed to the health and safety of our employees, our clients, the communities we serve and residents of the UAE. We are following the guidelines provided by local authorities and medical professionals and are working closely with Dubai Health Authority and Dubai Municipality to prevent the spread of the virus. We will continue to deliver service excellence across all contracts with as little disruption as possible. We are doing everything we can to ensure we are doing our part to flatten the curve of the virus spreading while maintaining business continuity, so our clients and partners can be confident they will receive the same levels of service.
Supporting our people
Our first priority is ensuring the health and safety of our people so they can continue to provide services in the buildings and communities entrusted to Emrill. We are taking precautionary measures in line with up-to-date guidelines and have done so without compromising our team’s ability to remain connected, stay productive and work securely.
These include but are not limited to the following:
- Continuous COVID-19 risk assessment and implementation of robust plans
- Regular disinfection and decontamination regimes of all Emrill’s staff accommodation facilities, including common areas, and transportation
- Provision of additional personal protective equipment, such as masks, gloves, eye protection and disposable overalls, for all personnel
- Careful health monitoring of all employees, taking the temperature of each member of staff daily before shifts, immediately isolating any employees displaying symptoms
- Proactive COVID-19 testing of employees in partnership with Dubai Health Authority
- Establishment of dedicated isolation areas as a precautionary measure for employees who may have come into contact with individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19, to limit further exposure and mitigate the risk of the further spread of the virus
- Implementation of strict social distancing and safety protocols within our staff accommodation, dining and transport facilities
- Prevention of cross-contamination through stopping visitors into staff accommodation facilities and limitation of non-essential movement outside of the staff accommodation and Emrill headquarters
- Provision of disposable drinking receptacles to limit shared use
- Closure of recreational areas and strict policy requiring employees to avoid social gatherings
- Work-from-home policies to limit our employees’ exposure, where appropriate
- Regular updates, health & safety guidelines and posters shared throughout the whole business
Supporting our business continuity
Emrill maintains a continuous state of operational readiness and is working across all teams and contracts to ensure our core functions remain unaffected by COVID-19. Given the unprecedented level of change and the varying dynamics with how COVID-19 is spreading, we are continuously reviewing all guidelines and recommendations and are ready to adapt when required. Our teams are managing contingencies on a daily basis, and I am confident we are taking all actions possible to minimise disruption to the services we deliver to clients.
Supporting each other
We are making sure our employees are staying connected with each other, our clients and suppliers. We have a number of teleconferencing and video conferencing tools available, enabling our teams to maximise productivity while remote working.
Emrill remains confident in the power of its excellent team of talented, dedicated and committed people and our collective ability to navigate these challenging times and emerge stronger. We are proud to be doing our part in the fight against COVID-19 and we remain here to serve you when and where needed.
Wishing you the best through this period and hoping the signs of recovery shown in the national daily statistics mean the end is not too far away. Thank you for your continued trust in Emrill.
Chief Executive Officer